In my bullet journal I had written in Wed, Oct 21st as my day off. In ink. Coming back from our marvelous camping trip I didn’t quite feel the need for a day off anymore but it was in my bullet journal. In ink. So I took the day off.
Here is what I did:
- three loads of laundry
- watched ‘Gilmore Girls’ and ‘Home Fires’
- made a batch of reese’s pieces oatmeal cookie dough (my absolute favorite autumn cookie!)
- finished reading my library book and started my next Miss Marple novel
- I ate a croissant for breakfast while it was raining and had a slice of homemade dutch apple pie (made the day prior) with my son after school, while it was raining
- for dinner I made pumpkin sausage penne (interestingly good)
I don’t think I needed a day off so much as I needed a day at home. I wore comfy pants and enjoyed the rain, my house all decorated for fall and now Halloween, good smells and the freedom to do what I wanted. I ended up getting quite a few bits of my imaginary Monday!
It was hard coming back to Tucson after five marvelous days of autumn up in the mountains. The air was crisp and I got to wear long sleeves. We did some hiking and a lot of sitting around the camp fire. I was even blessed with a bit of solitude while my husband and son kayaked and rode bikes. The best part was I slept ten solid hours every night. It was glorious. I didn’t take a lot of pictures, I mostly just soaked everything in.