Still in the mind numbing 90’s here ( ten degrees above “average”). But I am finding ways to cope, still making my own autumn and finding bits of happiness:
- All things pumpkin at Trader Joe’s, round two. Especially loving the pumpkin spice popcorn for Cub games. Go Cubs Go!
- Creating this cute bat pumpkin with my son. (So much easier than carving!)
- Lunch at Panera Bread which included a turkey cranberry flatbread sandwich and a caramel apple scone.
- Gathering leaves up in the mountains. (I spread them on the path to the front door on Halloween so kids get the fun of kicking through leaves. It is my favorite Halloween decoration and I love having the leaves blowing around the yard for a few days after.) I found true autumn at 8000′! It was a glorious 61° with clouds and a few drops of rain. The maples were red and gold and we found golden aspen leaves too. It was a wonderful few hours of fleece wearing, leaf scuffing, picture taking autumn heaven.
- The silliness of our cookie haunted house.
- After dinner walks to look at Halloween lights. Though there seems to be fewer decorated houses this year.
- Tears of joy when the Cubs advanced to the World Series. Go Cubs Go!
- Halloween boxer shorts to sleep in. (Since it is way too warm for my Halloween jammies.)
- Working on the November sketch for my friend Joe’s sketchbook. It involves drawing and coloring fall leaves. (No picture so I don’t ruin the surprise for him.)
- Just finished reading “After You” by Jojo Moyes. Next up is “Trick or Deadly Treat” with “Before I go to Sleep” on deck.